Translate

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Jason Birdsong


Jason Birdsong (my middle child)

I wonder sometimes how many times we have butted heads and yelled and screamed.  But somehow I admire you for standing up to me.  I am not easy, "I like things they way I want them, I like to be shown respect and I want the best for you."  What is funny is that sometimes we don't get along and I worry about you staying on the computer so much and not having any kind of social life....but to me that is the sign of the times....you are about to go to school and become a truck driver and its a good profession for you and it will take you all over the country, something I know you would enjoy.  I will never put you down for being you and enjoying your life and doing what you want to do....and you are still young that you can change your mind.  I am happy that you don't settle down with a girl yet and you want to make something for yourself before you decide to settle down and that way you have something to give to a girl....I don't agree with the young woman that is in your life at the moment, because she doesn't seem to stick around to support you and I hope that when you have something you don't settle for her because of this.  I want you to meet other woman and make the right choices in life, for yourself and I am able to voice my opinion and even if you don't take my advice it's nice that you at least listen to me and give me that chance to voice my opinion.

  I want to say that you are a nice human being Jason and I like what you have become and what your future might hold for you....I like that we fight and at the end you still come to me to say hello and don't ever put me down for any of my choices in life....I like that you don't treat woman badly and love with your heart and that you don't ever worry about other people putting you down....I love you for not putting me down because I am uneducated....and I know that if you went through your education you would never put me down....I love you for sticking by your decisions in your life making your mistakes in life and not blaming anyone else....I love that you won't settle down with a woman till you know you have something to offer them....I love that you allow me to be me and I allow you to be you...I especially like that when we do have a discussion or a fight you voice your opinion and then you allow me to voice mine (of course that works when we are having a discussion and not a fight).....don't change Jason, be proud of yourself no matter if you work at a hamburger place or become a truck driver....work hard find loyalty in people and surround yourself with people that are willing to say "go for it".  I love that you have dreams and a plan in life that will make you happy and the hell with everyone else around you....I love that you are you and don't allow anyone to change that.....fight hard love even harder and don't ever put people down for their choices in life.....if you accomplish what you want out of life through life experience or education remember you had to have parents that worked hard to give you that through their own hard work and sacrifices......we didn't pay for your school but I hope the little we did you acknowledge and appreciate.......and I know you do appreciate that.....allow yourself to be you before you give to a young lady....accomplish what you want to be so you can be a better person to the one you want to share your life

Love you mom

No comments:

Post a Comment