Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bullying at Lockhart Middle School



I was bullied in school.....Lockhart Middle School in Lockhart, Florida was the nightmare from hell for me....I am 43 yrs. old and in the days I was attending that school was my worst nightmare and I am sorry but I want to say that bullies terrorize their victims to the point they have no choice but to strike back....and those can become deadly.....it's a horrible thing to go through.....it lowers self esteem and self worth....when I see news stories of kids striking back in deadly ways, I seem to understand their pain...now a days though they are making the news because they end up killing themselves....even though it is horrible for kids to kill kids because they are striking out....to me it is horrendous that they are forced to take their own lives because of their bullies....I personally would like to see bullies be charged with felonies....it is such a serious issue to me.....because of my bullies I even tried killing myself in school....there was no one you could have turned to....right now I live near this school....but I ran after my suicide attempt....I moved to California with my dad because I couldn't stay in this school....and what I found was acceptance in California....first at Pasadena High School and then at Monrovia High School....but even though I found acceptance I still couldn't relax and enjoy my high school time....it took me a lot of years to come back near this area because of the crap I took attending this school....my boys even attended this school....and walking them though this school gave me hives...but they didn't have problems with this school....because by the time I came back to the area it had changed.....when I went to Lockhart Middle it was all rednecks that thought they owned this school and didn't like anyone different....I was bullied because of my race and I was a small kid back then....what is weird to me is this....

All these grown ups in school and not one noticed a kid hiding and not smiling....I will not take the blame that I didn't search hi and low for someone to listen to me....because to me it was accepted that there were bullies....plus I lived with abuse in my real life....so to me it was a part of life and I would be bullied....

So why do I write this....why am I on this subject because there is a Florida mom in Seminole County that was facing charges in confronting a school bus driver about the bullying her daughter was taking on that same bus....the mom's name is Laura Booker....and as a bullied child I want to tell her "way to go"....this mom defended her daughter....and it was so nice to see....kids need to know that their parents are behind them and will always stick up for them....now I don't defend a parent defending their children when they do wrong....because your children do wrong they are to take their medicine if they are caught....but bullies must be stopped....and I heard this bus driver tell her mom, "your daughter is a liar"....not cool....he didn't say I will really look into it....I will report this to the school officials and have them look into it....he said something that got that mom even madder and then here comes the police....I know they must protect themselves and the kids on the bus and so on....but seriously she was a mommy bear trying to get help for her daughter....and these other grown ups weren't helping....that is what I don't get a grown man calling the daughter a lyer....that is probably why adults don't get told what is going on because you aren't believed anyway.... 

So congrats on the charges being dropped....but I do know how this can cost you financially.....but way to go MOM and keep defending your children because they will remember that and it will make them stronger.....


No comments:

Post a Comment