Translate

Monday, June 2, 2014

Titan Rey Tessianri

Dearest Titan Rey

  Well I think I have already decided you need a nickname, and I like
"little man".  You will probably hate it when you get older, but I do like it.  Because you are such a little man right now.  Now I wish you could tell me what kind of a child you are going to be, a good one, one that wants to be heard, or a bad ass.  I think whatever mood you are in you are going to be loved by everyone.  I don't know what the future holds for you and I and this relationship we are going to have but I hope its the best one.  I want you to love me as much as I already love you.  You have a sister out there in the world, and one day you are both going to meet.  Her name is Krystina Lucille Tessinari, and I know she would love you as much as everyone around you loves you.

  You have a whole family, full of grandparents, aunts and uncles, the
best of two worlds.  Family connected to Puerto Rico, Vietnam, and all kinds of different personalities and beliefs.  We are the melting pot of all ages and I can not wait to see what kind of man you become.  Now truth be told I can tell you some stories about your father, but it will have to wait till your a little older.  You have entered into a family that love a lot and fight a lot, but we always come together one way or another.  We may not speak when we are fighting but we do wait it out and things just seem to come together.  I am probably not like other grandma's and I know how to raise hell and expect the best.  I love hard and fierce and I expect everyone around me to do the same. 

  I will do anything for family and I will be faulted for that a lot of the times.  I expect you to be in trouble and then fight your way out of it.  I expect you to allow me to spoil you but not turn into a brat.  I expect hugs and kisses everytime I see you, and I expect you to shine in life.  What you won't see out of me is stepping on your parents toes.  They need to be the parents and no one else.  They do not need overbearing grandparents and aunts and uncles and such.  They need to be happy and do it on their own with support not relatives that want to take over and exclude the real parents. 

No its not happening this way...no perceive moments I seen or overseen, or am involved with.  I just know what could happen and then it becomes a big mess.  Parents are the parents, grandparents are the grandparents.  I have seen to much where grandparents have raised their grandchildren and I know that will never happen with your parents.  But your parents have to make sure they stay working together even in raising you.  Allowing others to step in and do it will only harm your parents and then it will be taking sides and such.  So I have to promise that I will be a grandparent but I will not be overstepping my bounds.  I know my place and I just want to be a grandma, and if asked advice I will give it.  I am not your parent and I am only here to spoil you then give you right back to your parents.  Your hard working parents.  Who love you so much. 

  So remember you are loved my dear Titan by everyone.  But you only have one set of parents and that is who you should look up to and inspire to be like, all the good parts of course.  So that's my little advice to you and I can't wait to watch you grow up.

Love always and forever in time,
Grandma       





No comments:

Post a Comment