Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pella Windows and Doors

Orlando, Florida

I wanted to put a new front door in and not one from Home Depot or Lowes....and I certainly didn't want to have my husband putting the new front door in....

I knew that it would take someone to redo the trim and such and I wanted a nice door......

Salesman comes over after I look up doors in google and I choose to go with Pella.....the salesman was very nice....he really was....I chose the color and the glass and I wanted to chose the handle from the little catalog they had.....He said the door comes with a standard handle and the handles in the book wouldn't fit my door....Kinda strange since it was in the catalog....but I went with it that a standard door knob and lock would do okay for now......and I let it go........and I even saw that on the paperwork.....now stupid ignorant me didn't know it would take over a month to have the door made.......which was fine with me....I was paying $2600.00 for the door of my choice and I wanted it to be nice.....I am in the process of redoing my living room since my son Jason moved out.........

well the day comes that I have been waiting for....August 30, 2013 and my door was going in.....but guess what no handle....Pella calls me after I only get a couple of hours sleep to tell me that the door handle doesn't come with the door....don't wake up a person that has been excited about her door and tell her that....because let me tell you, my husband who works third shift also only had a couple of hours sleep and now you are saying, "Well can you go out and get a door handle".  

Not good....if they didn't already take the old door down and tear into my frame they would have been packing up this door.....but atlas had to wake up my husband and ask him to go to Home Depot and pick me up a door handle.....its a beautiful handle ..... but why do I sit down with a sales rep to chose everything but not a handle....can anyone tell me that......the installation team was marvelous and my door is beautiful except of course for the scratch on the upper part of the door where the installation team put touch up paint on it that is not the color of my door... he said wait till it dries it will blend......

well they wanted a signature and wanted to know if I would recommend their company to another.... I may the experience wasn't horrible but slightly disappointing..... I even had another door I was considering them to do for me.....but I will think about it......lets see how I feel.....I look at my door and know its beautiful and new.....I know there is a scratch with touch up paint.....I know that before the door got here I chose new lightning for outside so if I knew it was explained to me to go get a handle and deadbolt that would have been picked up and sitting here, ready....but I didn't check the box....because I was still mad no one explained that to me....so in a world where a consumer spends quite a deal of money for something nice they want to have it done and ready.....why did I chose the paint the glass and such but given the opportunity to get the Pella lock I wanted.......

But by gones......

No comments:

Post a Comment