Translate

Saturday, December 13, 2014

To My Daughter Krystina Lucille Tessinari - December 12, 2014



Dear Krystina,
I love you, and miss you so much. Words can't express the love I have for you. Im sitting here up on a hill behind the hotel and wow. I can see why your mother wanted you here. Your backyard is absolutely beautiful, and I cant wait to hike it with you. Go as high and far as we can, and look out .mas if it's all ours for the taking. Ive seen pictures of you, and I have to say your a pretty amazing little girl. Climbing mountains, riding horses, dancing at festivals, leads me to wonder what you cant do. And every day I grow more and more envious of South Dakota. I'm sorry if I offended you by coming, but you have to understand that I have to. Just to be in the same city as you for even just a day makes me the happiest man in the world. And ill keep coming back, and hopefully when your ready we can take that walk. And ill tell you stories of monsters and how your mother and I fought to keep them away. And tales of an old mother hen waiting on the day she can see you coming up that brick path to her door. And her husband an old goat thats greying now, but still can conjure up a country joke youll never understand but laugh anyways. And we can get lost in the hills, talking about a time long forgotten. A time when you lived in a city that replaced the mountains with tall buildings and roller coasters. A time when kids had the best times of there lives just swimming and throwing each other into a neighborhood pool. And when your mom says no more soda, I tell how many vanilla cokes she had in one summer. I'll tell you about your brother Titan, a little giant now but soon to be up there with you. My princess and my prince. We can walk and jump and laugh at little girls who wore princess costumes everywhere she went. And I can get to know the one they used to call phat phat. I don't know if your mom's told you but your dads a chef. So after our hike we can come back and I'll cook you something you've never had. There's a saying in Italy that with all this beauty in the world, and all this sweet, you must have some bitter. So we can relax on the porch, you a hot chocolate me a coffee and you can ask me all those hard questions. Questions like why did I hurt your mother. And I'll say that I was young and couldn't look past my childish ways to see the future. Questions like did you ever love my mom, and I'll say yes, but I love more that she's happy here. Questions like did I ever miss you, and I'll say yes every day. Questions like do I still love you, and I'll say I never stopped. But this letter is the first of many as well as this visit. I cant wait to see the woman you become and hope to have a front row seat. I love you and will never stop. Ill travel the world with you on my mind and in my heart.
Love your father.

No comments:

Post a Comment