Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy Belated Mothers Day

Well it is May 20, 2014 and its been a good month.  I had Mothers Day with the only child at home which is Patrick.  Jason texted me Happy Mothers Day which was the surprise for the day, since he is mad at me.  And Gary didn't contact me at all but according to others I was on his mind.  Then I had my birthday which again Patrick was here for that since he lives here and Lonnie my husband took me out for a dinner that cost me to gain 3 pounds.....lol.  But what the hell I ate those 18 oysters and had the two slices of pizza and two slices of cheese cake.  Gary and Jason never wished me a Happy Birthday. 

What I am tired and upset about is this.  As a mom I have to forget and forgive and make excuses for my children sometimes and that's okay, it's suppose to be done by the parent, I do understand that.  But when others give me an excuse for something my children may have or hasn't done that just bothers me.  I have always told my story to the honesty that I have.  As I see fit and as I see things.  I can make excuses for why my children don't do this or do that, as maybe wishing their mother a happy mothers day or a happy birthday, I do no matter what on blog if they are mad or not, on text because of the same reasons.  But when they don't it stings of course it does.  Their your children, and even though you can say to yourself, "well they are mad at you" or "it's a tradition to have him forget because he says he will always come up with something even if it's late" it really doesn't matter does it, it's an excuse.  Do I have to get over it, I always do.   

I don't know why it's bothering me so much this year, I guess I had someone comment to me as a parent you gave birth to them you raised them they should always remember that holiday if nothing else in life.  No it wasn't a friend it was my husband giving a little sermon to Jordan on why he should tell his mom Happy Mothers Day ALWAYS, no matter if he feels he doesn't celebrate holiday's, I was listening to the little sermon.  Lonnie tells Jordan, "your mother gave you life and mine is in her 80's and I still every year tell her Happy Mother's Day" (Lonnie's mom).  It's the acknowledgment all mothers want.  And to tell you the truth I look for it every year.  I ALWAYS HOLD MY BREATH AND LOOK FOR IT.  So what he says is true.  Your mom always wants to have that day acknowledged.  As mad as I am with my own mother I always no matter what give her a card and say Happy Mother's Day.  My friend Denise has five children and she wrote not one of them said it to her.  So if its five children or two children or one child it's nice to have acknowledgement. 

I don't know as mothers we want it said that one time of the year.  We want a Happy Birthday.  But we don't get what we want do we.  So all the Mothers out there that didn't get it said to you, make the excuses and get over it like I will now since I wrote about it.  But know from one Mother to another in the world, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all from me to you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment