Translate

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day 2013

May 2013......Mother Day......Lonnie and Me
May 2013 - Mothers Day with Jason and Patrick and Me

Well Mothers Day is today on May 12, 2013 and my sons are taking me out to
breakfast and buying me a new rose bush to replace the one that died.
Jason and Patrick seem to know that I like simple.  Nothing fancy but the
acknowledgement of a mom.  It's special when you get a card they made just
for you, or a smile saying "I love you" in the middle of the day when you
are having a bad week.  But what is special to me is that you can look at
your children and say I am happy that they are safe, good and grown up.
2 out of 3 is the best odds I can come out with, they are all good and
safe but I have two out of three here to celebrate Mother's Day with.
Gary doesn't contact me and I don't contact him.  It's both of our
choices in life.  He needs to do him and I will do me.  Does it make me
sad?  Maybe for a moment but then I look at the other two and say at
least I have two that show the respect of their upbringing.  They give
their love freely and don't take it back as a weapon to hurt you.
Nothing is perfect and whomever says it is are just plain crazy.

I turn 45 years old on Tuesday, May 14th and I have a week of planned fun
for myself.  I am cutting my hair and donating it to "Locks of Love" and
going red and short.  I have a shopping spree to do on Wednesday and a
party my husband plans on Thursday.  Probably a get to together but I am
hoping he is inviting some of my favorite people.  I plan to bring in 45
with what I want to do and hopefully have the people around that will love
me for another year.  I have a good job that I am happy with.  I have
friends and family.  I gave up smoking two months ago with cigerettes and
I plan on giving up my other vice on May 14th.  So everything is good.  I
have pictures of my granddaughter and her new sister Zoey.  And I can see
Kayti and her husband are happy.  I am blessed.  I have a new outlook on
life that I want to achieve this next coming year and I have to stay with
the course.  My mom is doing the best she can.  And I am doing the best I
can when it comes to her.  Not going to go all out for her because I am
sorry but I don't need the drama or the let down from her anymore in my
life.  I have gotten the people I want in my life and the people out of my
life that just don't give a damn.  I am becoming a grown up in many ways.
Patrick is done with his first year of college.  And I am going to watch
May 2013 - Mothers Day breakfast with Jason, Patrick, and me



Jason come to terms with his future.  Dan is gone to the Phillipines.  And
Lonnie is here with us.  Patrick has made some kind of peace toward Dan
but he knows I am still his favorite.  LOL.

So everything is good.  Do I have regrets, of course I do.  Can I fix
them.  Probably not.  But am I going to let myself be brought down because
of it.  No way in hell.  I am happy and at peace, I have been for some
time now.  I am just going to carry it with me.  Wait for the good to come
and the dreams to come true.  Everyone is where they should be for the
moment and the future looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment